Retraction note: A histopathological analysis of the epidemiology of coronary atherosclerosis: an autopsy study
© The Author(s). 2016
Received: 17 October 2016
Accepted: 19 October 2016
Published: 2 November 2016
The original article was published in Diagnostic Pathology 2015 10:87
The Editor-in-Chief and Publisher have retracted this article  because the scientific integrity of the content cannot be guaranteed. An investigation by the Publisher found it to be one of a group of articles we have identified as showing evidence suggestive of attempts to subvert the peer review and publication system to inappropriately obtain or allocate authorship. This article showed evidence of plagiarism (most notably from the articles cited [2–7]) and authorship manipulation.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Abedinzadeh N, Pedram B, Sadeghian Y, Nodushan SM, Gilasgar M, Darvish M, Mokarizadeh A. A histopathological analysis of the epidemiology of coronary atherosclerosis: an autopsy study. Diagn Pathol. 2015;10:87.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Rastogi P, Pinto DS, Pai MR, Kanchan T. An autopsy study of coronary atherosclerosis and its relation to anthropometric measurements/indices of overweight and obesity in men. J Forensic Leg Med. 2012;19(1):12–7.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Mattace-Raso FUS, van der Cammen TJM, Hofman A, van Popele NM, Bos ML, Schalekamp MADH, Asmar R, Reneman RS, Hoeks APG, Breteler MMB, Witteman JCM. Arterial stiffness and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke. Circulation. 2006;113(5):657–63.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Bild DE, Bluemke DA, Burke GL, Detrano R, Diez Roux AV, Folsom AR, Greenland P, Jacobs Jr DR, Kronmal R, Liu K, Clark Nelson J, O’Leary D, Saad MF, Shea S, Szklo M, Tracy RP. Multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis: objectives and design. Am J Epidemiol. 2002;156(9):871–81.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Forster BB, Isserow S. Coronary artery calcification and subclinical atherosclerosis: what’s the score? BCMJ. 2005;47(4):181–7.Google Scholar
- Sako T, Uchida E, Kagawa Y, Hirayama K, Nakade T, Taniyama H. Immunohistochemical detection of apolipoprotein A-I and B-100 in canine atherosclerotic lesions. Vet Pathol. 2003;40(3):328–31.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Schilliger L, Lemberger K, Chai N, Bourgeois A, Charpentier M. Atherosclerosis associated with pericardial effusion in a central bearded dragon (Pogona Vitticeps). J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22(5):789–92.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar