- Retraction Note
- Open Access
Retraction note: Protective and antidiabetic effects of extract from Nigella sativa on blood glucose concentrations against streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic in rats: an experimental study with histopathological evaluation
© The Author(s). 2016
- Received: 17 October 2016
- Accepted: 19 October 2016
- Published: 2 November 2016
The original article was published in Diagnostic Pathology 2013 8:137
The Editor-in-Chief and Publisher have retracted this article  because the scientific integrity of the content cannot be guaranteed. An investigation by the Publisher found it to be one of a group of articles we have identified as showing evidence suggestive of attempts to subvert the peer review and publication system to inappropriately obtain or allocate authorship. This article showed evidence of plagiarism (most notably from the articles cited [2–5]) and peer review and authorship manipulation.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Alimohammadi S, Hobbenaghi R, Javanbakht J, Kheradmand D, Mortezaee R, Tavakoli M, Khadivar F, Akbari H. Protective and antidiabetic effects of extract from Nigella sativa on blood glucose concentrations against streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic in rats: an experimental study with histopathological evaluation. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:137.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Mohtashami R, Amini M, Fallah Huseini H, Ghamarchehre M, Sadeqhi Z, Hajiaaee R, Fallah HA. Blood glucose lowering effects of Nigella sativa L. seeds oil in healthy volunteers: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Med Plants. 2011;10(39):90–4.Google Scholar
- Abdelmeguid NE, Rakhoury R, Kamal SM, Al Wafai RJ. Effects of Nigella sativa and thymoquinone on biochemical and subcellular changes in pancreatic β-cells of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Diabetes. 2010;2(4):256–66.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Altan MF, Kanter M, Donmez S, Kartal ME, Buyukbas S. Combination therapy of Nigella sativa and human parathyroid hormone on bone mass, biomechanical behavior and structure in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Acta Histochem. 2007;109(4):304–14.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Ribeiro DL, Marques SFG, Alberti S, Spadella CT, Manzato AJ, Taboga SR, Dizeyi N, Abrahamsson P-A, Góes RM. Malignant lesions in the ventral prostate of alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Int J Exp Pathol. 2008;89(4):276–83.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar