Retraction Note: Comparative value of clinical, cytological, and histopathological features in feline mammary gland tumors; an experimental model for the study of human breast cancer
© The Author(s). 2016
Received: 17 October 2016
Accepted: 19 October 2016
Published: 2 November 2016
The original article was published in Diagnostic Pathology 2013 8:136
The Editor-in-Chief and Publisher have retracted this article  because the scientific integrity of the content cannot be guaranteed. An investigation by the Publisher found it to be one of a group of articles we have identified as showing evidence suggestive of attempts to subvert the peer review and publication system to inappropriately obtain or allocate authorship. This article showed evidence of plagiarism (most notably from the articles cited [2–8]) and peer review and authorship manipulation.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Shafiee R, Javanbakht J, Atyabi N, Bahrami A, Kheradmand D, Safaei R, Khadivar F, Hosseini E. Comparative value of clinical, cytological, and histopathological features in feline mammary gland tumors; an experimental model for the study of human breast cancer. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:136.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Shafiee R, Javanbakht J, Atyabi N, Kheradmand P, Kheradmand D, Bahrami A, Daraei H, Khadivar F. Diagnosis, classification and grading of canine mammary tumours as a model to study human breast cancer: an Clinico-Cytohistopathological study with environmental factors influencing public health and medicine. Cancer Cell Int. 2013;13:79.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Georgieva RD, Obdeijn IM, Jager A, Hooning MJ, Tilanus-Linthorst MMA, van Deurzen CHM. Breast fine-needle aspiration cytology performance in the high-risk screening population: a study of BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation carriers. Cancer Cytopathol. 2013;121(10):561–7.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Millanta F, Calandrella M, Citi S, della Santa D, Poli A. Overexpression of HER-2 in feline invasive mammary carcinomas: an immunohistochemical survey and evaluation of its prognostic potential. Vet Pathol. 2005;42(1):30–4.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Millanta F, Lazzeri G, Mazzei M, Vannozzi I, Poli A. MIB-1 labeling index in feline dysplastic and neoplastic mammary lesions and its relationship with postsurgical prognosis. Vet Pathol. 2002;39(1):120–6.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Suárez-Bonnet A, Martίn de las Mulas J, Millán MY, Herráez P, Rodrίguez F, Espinosa de los Monteros A. Morphological and immunohistochemical characterization of spontaneous mammary gland tumors in the guinea pig (Cavia porcellus). Vet Pathol. 2010;47(2):298–305.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Joshi A, Maimoon S. Limitations of fine needle aspiration cytology in subtyping breast malignancies – a report of three cases. J Cytology. 2007;24(4):203–6.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Seixas F, Palmeira C, Pires MA, Lopes C. Mammary invasive micropapillary carcinoma in cats: clinicopathologic features and nuclear DNA content. Vet Pathol. 2007;44(6):842–8.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar