- Retraction Note
- Open Access
Retraction note: Cyto-histopathological and outcome features of the prepuce squamous cell carcinoma of a mixed breed dog
© The Author(s). 2016
Received: 17 October 2016
Accepted: 19 October 2016
Published: 2 November 2016
The original article was published in Diagnostic Pathology 2014 9:999
The Editor-in-Chief and Publisher have retracted this article  because the scientific integrity of the content cannot be guaranteed. An investigation by the Publisher found it to be one of a group of articles we have identified as showing evidence suggestive of attempts to subvert the peer review and publication system to inappropriately obtain or allocate authorship. This article showed evidence of plagiarism (most notably from the articles cited [2–7]) and peer review and authorship manipulation.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Yaghoobi Yeganeh Manesh J, Shafiee R, Mohammad Bahrami A, Pourzaer M, Pourzaer M, Pedram B, Javanbakht J, Mokarizadeh A, Khadivar F. Cyto-histopathological and outcome features of the prepuce squamous cell carcinoma of a mixed breed dog. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:110.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- van den Top JGB, Ensink JM, Barneveld A, van Weeren PR. Penile and preputial squamous cell carcinoma in the horse and proposal of a classification system. Equine Vet Educ. 2011;23(12):636–48.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Micali G, Schwartz RA, Nasca MR, Humphrey PA. Urogenital squamous cell carcinoma. Medscape.com. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1102225-overview Accessed 26 Sept 2016.
- Waropastrakul S, Munday JS, French AF. Infrequent detection of papillomaviral DNA within canine cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas, haemangiosarcomas and healthy skin on the ventrum of dogs. Vet Dermatol. 2012;23(3):197–e41.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Munday JS, O’Connor KI, Smits B. Development of multiple pigmented viral plaques and squamous cell carcinomas in a dog infected by a novel papillomavirus. Vet Dermatol. 2011;22(1):104–10.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Nemec A, Murphy B, Kass PH, Verstraete FJM. Histological subtypes of oral non-tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma in dogs. J Comp Pathol. 2012;147(2–3):111–20.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Hobbenaghi R, Mahboob P, Saifzadeh S, Javanbakht J, Manesh JYY, Mortezaee, Touni SR, Hosseini E, Aghajanshakeri S, Mouludizargari M, Javaherypour S. Histopathological features of bone regeneration in a canine segmental ulnar defect model. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:59.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar